Wrath of Hekaton
Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons does not clearly identify optional and variant rules. This page lists the optional rules used in this campaign and, when needed, describes how they are used.
The following rules are used from the Player’s Handbook.
- Determine Ability Scores (12-13): Ability score generation is modified, as described below.
- Rolled Hit Points (15): All hit points beyond 1st level are rolled. Ignore the option to take an average result.
- Variant Human Traits (31)
- Rolled Starting Wealth (143): Starting equipment is not based on class and background; all characters roll for their starting wealth.
- Equipment Sizes (144): This applies only to changing armor to fit a different Size-rated character.
- Multiclassing (163-165)
- Feats (165-170)
- Skills with Different Abilities (175)
The following rules are used from the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- Mixing Potions and Scroll Mishaps (140)
- Flanking and Diagonals (251-252)
- Disarm, Overrun, Shove Aside, and Tumble (271-272)
- Hitting Cover (272)
These are campaign-specific changes to normal or optional rules.
Determine Ability Scores: Each player’s set of rolls are recorded on a shared list. A player can either use his or her own set of rolls, or can pay 3 permanent hit points to adopt the set of rolls made by another player. (Multiple players might end up using the same set of rolls.) Roll tallies are HERE.